I like to approach life as one big lesson. I don’t think we should ever stop learning and growing as people; we are the product of our experiences and we should try to take from them what we can, as hard as that can be sometimes.
Here are a few of the things life has taught me…
- That no one is happy all of the time and you can make yourself unhappy striving to be so.
- That it doesn’t make a difference who respects you if you don’t respect yourself.
- That living your life for someone else and following their dreams rather than your own doesn’t make you happy.
- That there are more important things than material possessions.
- That hard work is worth it if you’re doing something you love.
- That it’s important to respect people’s opinions, but you don’t need them to validate who you are.
- That it’s more important to feel proud of yourself than pretty or popular.
- That some people aren’t meant to stay in your life forever (and vice versa), sometimes things just are what they are at that time in your life.
- That you can’t make progress without creating a bit of mess sometimes. Not everything has to be perfect.
- That I am often stronger than I – and others – give myself credit for.
I’m sure there’s more, but those are the first that spring to mind. What have your life lessons been?